Friday, October 10, 2008

Downtown

Tonight Evan and I went to visit my friend Net who lives downtown. Her loft is the bomb diggity! When Steve and I first met, I was living downtown. I absolutely looooooooooved it. Unfortunately a stalker forced me to move and end my brief habitation there (crazy story). I've always been a city girl, many times contemplating a move to NYC. But God had other plans for me so downtown Nash was as close as I could get. I loved the urban life of walking across the street for breakfast on the patio at Provence with a magazine, taking jogs over the Shelby Street bridge and Bicentennial Park, trips to the Farmers Market, meeting friends at the Ryman, TPAC and GEC for concerts, and middle of the night food at hot dog stands and Past Perfect!

Steve and I contemplated being that "urban couple" who raises their baby in a loft downtown, but I knew deep down that I would desperately desire more than 800sf with a baby! And I'm glad we didn't do that now, especially with the crazy economy and the abundance of lofts in Nashville. Fortunately we only live 8 minutes from downtown so we have the best of both worlds. I wouldn't trade my life now for anything, but it's nice to have good memories.

0 comments: