Friday, March 27, 2009

14 Months...he walks!


By far the biggest milestone came this month...Ev started walking! To daddy of course! He waddled over to Steve with 5 or 6 steps (March 17). He's still very new at it, but he gets from place to place nonetheless. I think it's so cool that I started walking at 14 months too. His first word other than "mama" and "dada" was "this". lol Hilarious first word if you ask me. He says it when he points to something and wants it. I realize that I overuse the word "this" when talking to him. "Do you want this? This one? Come get this. More of this?" It's super cute when he says "dis!" because he says it all the time. And just this week I've heard him say "bite", "juice" and "drink". He understands almost everything that I say to him. He knows what things are even if he can't say the words. I hear that that's what's most important at this age, so I'm pleased.

He has 4 top teeth and 2 bottom teeth. He has huge feet for his age (5.5!) and is still on the tall side. He's continuing to rock his faux-mo haircut, although it's grown in a lot since I buzzed it.

He's also practicing throwing fits...yay for me. Oh and hitting people when he's not happy with them. My mom even almost had to pop his leg! And that's a shocker because she's a softie. So now I get to learn how to train him that it's not okay to hit people (including me) or throw tantrums. Parenting is so fun. :) j/k It really is hard at times. Now I see what people really mean when they say parenting doesn't come with an instruction book. It's hard to know what to do when you've never done this before. But as my friend April told me, you just pray! I love to think that I can read books and they'll give me all the answers, but only God knows Evan better than me and only He has all the answers.

Ev's really a good kid, despite the aforementioned things. hehe He has such a calm demeanor and is sweet and loving. Mom's nicknamed him "love sponge" because at any time he'll sit on your lap and let you hug and kiss on him. There's no such thing as too much attention to him! I already worry about whenever he has a brother or sister. I was holding my nephew Josh (6 months) the other day and Evan kept trying to hit him! He's a jealous little sucker! Guess that's normal though. He loves to give big open mouth kisses and his favorite game is wrestling on the floor with Daddy. Steve lays on the living room floor with him every night before bed and they play. Usually Steve has his shirt off. Evan discovered Daddy's nipples and belly button and is obsessed with them. He constantly tries to grab them or flick them off. LOL All three of us crack up every time.

Even though it's still present, we're getting through the separation anxiety. Actually I think I'm just getting less emotional about it, which is good. He still puts on a pathetic show when I drop him off, but I know that the people I leave him with are taking great care of him and I think that's finally getting through my brain.

Steve and I were talking last night about how we are living our futures right now. All of our twenties we were waiting for where we are right now...married and watching our children grow. This is such a great time in our lives. It was a long time coming, but not only was it worth it, it was meant to be. We agree that it was probably a very good thing that we had to wait for God to put us together when He did. We're about to put our house on the market and look for a home to raise our family in. Exciting times.

2 comments:

The Dovers- said...

Sweet Evan. He is a looker! Watch out ladies!

Kaeser Family said...

I am laughing so hard right now about Evan finding Daddy's nipples and belly button. I can not get Steve's comment out of my head about "Tarzan"!!!

He IS such a sweet and CUTE boy! But he is growing up too fast! Every week he looks bigger and can do something new! Slow down Ev and give Bode time to catch up!! ;)