Monday, September 8, 2008

Say Whaaa?????


I'm in shock over my good fortune today. I make a special trip to Publix because they have Earth's Best Organic baby food on sale for BOGO. That's half price baby! Plus I have 2 $1 off coupons which is going to make it dirt cheap. I was prepared to stock up. Apparently everyone else was too because they were out. I was bummed. I asked a grocery guy if they had any more. He said no, but ask for a raincheck up front so I can get that price next time I come in. Cool, because I didn't really need the food right now anyways. So I stop at the service desk and ask for the raincheck. The man says, "Sure but can I go to another Publix and deliver it to you?" I say, "What? Deliver it where?" He says, "To your house." I was like, "Uh, sure. I live in Nashville though." Plus I have to mention to him that I want to use my coupons. I felt like a dork but I gotta save where I can or go back to work, so I put my pride on the back burner. No prob. He writes down all the kinds of baby food I want and my address.

So just now he gets to my house and hands me the 20 jars of baby food I wanted and turns to leave. I was like, "Wait, how much do I owe you?" He says, "Nothing. I'm just sorry we were out of it when you were in the store."

SAY WHAAAAA???? Are you kidding me? Dude, you can be out of it EVERY time I'm in the store if you're gonna deliver it to my house for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Oh my gosh, I know it was only about $15, but dude drove all the way here (in his 7 series BMW) and gave me this food for free. I wish I would have told him I wanted 50 jars. hehe I am SO writing Publix and telling them about this and how much I love them!!!

This AND Steve got a little bonus $$ today. Tithing is paying off baby! ;)

0 comments: