Monday, September 15, 2008

One Step Closer

For the last few years, I've wanted to transition from the Database/Report Development towards Graphic Design, but there were always road blocks. I already have a bachelor's degree so I wasn't crazy about going back to school, but I realized that was necessary. About three years ago, I almost moved to ATL to go to a prestigous design school. I was very determined, but I didn't feel that's what God wanted me to do at the time. (Now I know that's because He wanted me to stay here so I could meet Steve!)

Fortunately, once I had Evan, I didn't have to go back to work. But I still have a desire to design cool websites, print material, creatively edit images, etc. I know some, but I'm not good enough. I'd love to do freelace work...making some extra ching ching while still keeping my focus on my family. Doing design won't feel like work to me because it's my favorite hobby. I view it as a way to have my cake and eat it too. :)

So today I FINALLY took a step towards my dream...I signed up for a PhotoShop class at a local art school. I'm SOOOOO excited I can't hardly stand it. It's going to be pretty time consuming for the next 2 months, but I know it will be worth it. I already know so much about the "back end" of the biz, I feel like once I have this class, I'll be able to hit the ground running. Woohoo!!!

1 comments:

Katie said...

Just found your fun blog (through Brooks' blog) and wanted to say congrats on taking the step to follow you dreams! I am so happy for you, Beth! Best wishes with your class!