Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You're a terrible parent if....

You put your child in an exersaucer
You put your child in a walker
You don't feed your child 100% organic
You don't have your child on a strict minute-by-minute schedule
You let your child watch TV

These are just a few of the things that I've read in books recently. Seriously, reading parenting/baby books will almost drive you insane. I was trying so hard to read everything I could get my hands on in the beginning and follow all the "rules". But some of this stuff is insane. I quickly learned to just use common sense. But why do all these books make you feel like a bad parent if you don't do x, y, and z?

4 comments:

The Reid Family said...

Come on Beth, you mean, you can't do the right thing for Evan? Girl, I didn't even know organic exsisted when I had Gavin 5 yrs ago & I couldn't wait to put him in his walker. At least you are keeping good company with folks like me. I ignore the rules & do what keeps me sain. :)

The Reid Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tattoomom said...

Girl, you know what best for him and no book can tell you different. It's just some stuffy mom who took too much time away from her kid to write the darn book. Evan will be fine in a walker and out of one. Mom knows best!!! You are a wonderful mom! Can't wait to meet little dude!

bethology said...

Thanks for the support guys! I about choked when I heard that about the walkers and exersaucers. Whatever! I guess these people want us to play with our babies 100% of the time...but have they ever thought about how spoiled our kids would be then?? Love you guys!