Thursday, August 21, 2008

Being a Disciple

This week I read about being a disciple of Christ. I was reading about Jesus' disciples and the things He commanded, yet gave the authority to do. First and foremost, to teach about Jesus, but also to heal, to lead, to encourage, etc. All Christians today are supposed to be disciples, but in a way I never thought about it before, it hit home. I realize I need to put forth more of an effort to witness and tell people about God's love.

Ironically, Tara called today and was telling me how she got an incredible opportunity to witness to someone while she was registering for school. Her stories always inspire me. She has an incredible charm with people and a notable gift to witness to people. She's very well received by almost everyone. I feel less comfortable approaching people about such a sensitive topic. But you know what? I need to get over myself and do what God commanded me to do, no matter how uncomfortable it is for me. There are so many hurting people out there, just like the person she witnessed to today, that need to hear about the love of God. Her story was just the icing on the cake...the final motivation needed to get me going. I told her I'm gonna pray that God would put someone in my path to witness to and I'm going to tell her when it happens! So now I'm accountable to all of you too. :)

0 comments: