Saturday, February 23, 2008

7 Weeks Old

I've been SO remiss in posting since Evan's birth. But man, that little boy has me worn out! It's all good though...he is SO precious and sweet. He knows his mama and I love that. He's 7 weeks now and has already changed so much since he was born. He gets cuter every single day. His eyes are starting to focus now instead of being the newborn "cross eyed". He really likes looking at things, especially the red, black and white. I always thought those toys were ugly so I didn't buy any, but now I know why they're so popular. Yesterday Nana bought him a ladybug book and little soccer ball that are those colors so he has something new to look at. He's just now getting out of his "newborn" sized clothes and getting into the 0-3 months. He's 11 pounds and still has lots of hair!

I'm thankful to the people that were honest with me about how hard the first 6-8 weeks are. I thought I was the only one struggling. I'm so glad a few of my friends opened up about these first few months and shared their struggles with me. I just didn't realize what I was in for. Fortunately, things are much better now and they're starting to normalize. Evan actually slept through the night for the first time Thursday night!! I didn't though because I kept getting up shaking him making sure he was okay! LOL I think it was a combination of getting medicine for his tummy, changing his formula to soy and not forcing a schedule on him. Sleeping through the night wasn't ever troublesome except for the few times he wouldn't go back to sleep after his feedings and when he got his nights and days mixed up. Curing his tummy problems was the biggest help as well as not jumping up every time he cries.

We're excited about our little guy and look forward to his "smiles on purpose". I think now that his tummy is better, it should be soon. We feel so incredibly lucky to have him. We love him so much. It makes me think about how God must have felt when He gave His only Son to be crucified out of love for us. I sure wouldn't give up my son for anyone.

0 comments: