Friday, August 15, 2008

Welcome to the family!

Joshua Brandon Hampton was born this morning! 7 lbs, 4 oz.

Andrea went in for an induction at 7 am. I arrived at Centennial a little before 11, went up to her room and the door was shut. I leaned in to listen and the nurses were giving her "pushing" instructions. We had no idea she was THAT close to having him! So I grab my cell phone, dial mom and say, "Mom, I think she's about to start pushing." Just then I hear a baby crying...it was Josh! I go ballistic on the phone...I couldn't believe she had him THAT fast. I'm so mad at her...I was in labor for hours then pushed for 2 freakin HOURS, had forceps and the full shabang, plus was sick for about 10 hours afterwards. And here Andrea makes it look like a piece of cake...twice! She only pushed 4 times with Briana. I told her she's going to be my surrogate for my next baby b/c she does it so well. :)

Little Josh is so precious. I can't wait to go back and see him. I only got to hold him briefly because Evster was getting fussy.

Anyways, welcome to the family Joshua! Evan can't wait to pick on, er, I mean, play with you! :)

0 comments: