Monday, August 4, 2008

Growing Pains

The last two weeks can best be summed up by "growing pains". In almost every aspect of my life, there have been challenges. Even though I don't fully appreciate them in the moment, I do afterwards. It pleases me to know that I've worked through something and am stronger because of it. But it is stressful nonetheless. I think I'm on the other side of most of them and am ready for some normalcy again.

Steve's been killin it at work for two weeks too, which definitely contributed to the craziness. I'm really proud of him...he's been getting up before Evan (which says a lot!), coming home late every night, and working both days on the weekends. I always dispised working after hours and felt totally mistreated when I had to do it (yeah my attitude was wrong and I knew it, but I still felt that way). I'm sure glad Steve isn't like that. I hate that he has to work like that, but we're really grateful for the work. Come on October bonus!! :)

Evan's approaching 7 months and he's doing great. I'm positive he's teething, but no teefies yet. He loves baby food, he's starting to "get" the whole sippy cup thing and he hasn't been waking up wanting his pacifier lately, thank God! He seems bored with all his toys (even the ones at Nana's house) and wants to constantly be entertained. Not sure what's up with that, but it's annoying. Fortunately Mom gave me a break Saturday night and most of Sunday, which couldn't have come at a better time after the past two weeks. And Aunt She-She is keeping him tonight so I get to sleep in tomorrow. WOOHOO!!! I think that's the hardest part about having a little baby...you must press through your fatigue and press on. Ahh the things I appreciate now that I thought nothing of before!

0 comments: