Tuesday, August 12, 2008

7 Months

Little Evster is 7 months already. I can't believe it. Lately he's fascinated with being upside down and with toys that light up. He LOVES rolling the ball back and forth to me. I think that's pretty cool he can do that already! He's got the sitting thing down and can move around on his tummy in a circle. He doesn't care to crawl or roll over, but that's probably because I haven't given him much time on his tummy, as Ms. Doris at the doctor's office pointed out today. Actually she took a more full frontal approach when she pointed out that he has a flat head. lol As if I didn't know. :) She said it's the "back to sleep" generation of babies. They make us so paranoid to put our babies on their tummies that they all have flat heads. The paranoia is true. So I've been instructed to put him on his belly 4 times a day for 5 minutes and work up from that. I've known that was necessary, but he whines and then moves to crying when I leave him on his tummy too long, so I've been avoiding it. So Evan when I put you on your tummy lots this week, be mad at Ms. Doris! :)

I'm going to move him from soy milk to lactose free milk this week. Ugh, I dread it. I think he'll be fine but thoughts of the first two months come flooding back and I don't want to go through that again. But he eats lots of baby food so I think his digestive track is pretty stable now.

He's fighting a wicked cough right now, but other than that, he's great. We went to the Y today and all the girls in the nursery were doating over him. Every time I pick him up, they're always saying something amazing about him. They call him their favorite, they love the way his hair sticks up, his eyes are so pretty, he's so good and happy, etc. The nursery at church is similar. It's so nice to get great reports about your baby. Makes a momma feel proud. :) Even though none of that is my doing, I'm glad they love him.




0 comments: