Monday, May 19, 2008

Sadness

The last few days I've received some sad news for two friends of mine. First is a man I worked with at digiChart. He mentored me the short time he was there. He helped me expand my knowledge of SQL and inspired me to keep pursueing it. We don't really keep in touch, but we exchanged emails last week and I learned that his wife has stage 5 cancer. They've been married a long time and have 5 children. She is only 37 years old. While I've never met her, I read an article in the Tennessean about her and she sounds phenominal...strong, courageous, faithful, a loyal wife, a loving and giving mother. The article headline was, "A Mother First, A Cancer Patient Second." And you know it's true with this woman. She clearly loves her kids more than anything and is fighting for them.

Today I received word that a friend of mine's husband died very unexpectedly. He was only 43. They had a great relationship and she is heartbroken and devastated.

My heart just burns and aches for these people. It makes me look forward to the day when there will be no more sadness, no more crying, no more sickness and no more death. Won't it be wonderful to enter heaven and never experience these things again...to be with Jesus forever, the One who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our sins so that we can have a relationship with God, the One who loves us unconditionally and showed us by giving His own life.

Please keep my friends in your prayers.

0 comments: