Saturday, March 29, 2008

It's official

I'm officially a stay-at-home-mom! I'm off of my FMLA leave and my work at E***** is O-V-E-R! YAY!!!!!! All those months during my pregnancy that I absolutely hated going to work finally paid off. God blessed me in a HUGE way upon exiting. I can't really go into detail because that was part of the deal, but let me just say it was a huge blessing. I am so relieved to be done with that place. God gave me a lot of favor while I was there, but the past year was miserable. But had I quit back in December or before, God couldn't have blessed me like he did. The COO was so gracious to me and even told me I could come back any time, even part time if I wanted to.

Most of all, I'm thrilled to be staying home with Evan. I'm beginning to see it paying off already. He knows who I am and he smiles when he sees me. Most importantly, he's very comforted by me and he feels safe. I'm so happy I get to witness all his milestones instead of some daycare worker. I have lots of fun things planned for us to do this summer, starting with swimming lessons at the Y! I can't believe they have swimming lessons for 6 month olds, but they do! I am so excited about that! We're also going to join some mom groups and arrange some playdates. We'll have lots of days with Nana, lunches with Auntie and Daddy, and meetups with Auntie Gwen and Addison on Fridays.

I can't believe this is my life. All those years I prayed for a husband. All those years I waited and waited. All those years I struggled, hurt, cried and was lonely. I'm so glad those years are behind me. God was right when He told me he had someone for me. I just had no idea I would be this happy. Thank you God, You are truly faithful and good.

1 comments:

The Dovers- said...

Congratulations! Being at home with Mason makes me realize that I was put here.. to be his mother. I hope you will have the same joy-filled experience I am having! He is nine months old today, they grow too fast!

Love,
Jana